During this season, we are especially thankful for the young people of PHUMC and their families. We want to share our gratitude with you for allowing us to be a part of your lives and to share what we’ve been doing and what is upcoming for phyouth. This Sunday at 5:30pm, join us for a special phyouth potluck dinner in Wesley Hall. Parents, families, friends – everyone is welcome! We will provide the main dish and rolls.
Here’s what your family can bring:
6th Grade – Salad
7/8th Grade – Veggies/Sides
9th-12th Grade – Dessert
You can RSVP here to help us get an approximate headcount, or if your plans change just show up – we don’t want you to miss!
- Spring Break Civil Rights Bus Tour to Atlanta, Montgomery, Selma and Memphis: March 19-22 (also Holy Week). The deadline to sign up is December 15. The cost is approximately $450. We have invited members of the congregation to join us on this exciting pilgrimage. All youth are invited to attend – but if you are a 6th or 7th grader – you will need to have a parent go with you. Email email@example.com to reserve your spots!
- Breakfast in Bethlehem is on Saturday, December 5. We will need youth and parents to help from 8am-10:30am. Also December 5, is phumc rings the bell day! Sign up when you come to worship.
- Shop and Wrap Sunday is December 6th. We ask that our youth worship during the 9am hour and then meet in the lower parking deck at 10am to head to Target to shop for our Christmas kids. Bring a donation to help make Christmas special for Little Rock kids who would otherwise go without!
- Winter Peace on December 13th @ 6pm. We will be rehearsing for the next 3 Sunday nights for this phyouth worship service, our gift to the PHUMC congregation! You don’t want to miss!
- phyouth Christmas Parties on December 20th. The confirmation party will be at lunch immediately following the 11am service at US Pizza: Hillcrest. The 7th/8th and 9th-12th Grade parties will be later that day. We need host homes for middle school and high school! If you are willing, email firstname.lastname@example.org asap and let me know. Thanks!
6:30pm – Act Groups: Last meeting until after the new year! Meet in the phyouth room, we’ll be done by 7:30.
Friday (Confirmation only)
4:45pm – Confirmands and Parents: meet at the Jewish Synagogue on Rodney Parham a for a brief history of the Jewish faith and a worship experience. Parents are encouraged to stay for worship – but pickup will be around 7:15pm.
9:30am Confirmands – meet in the youth area at 9:15am to visit the Islamic Center near UALR. We will be back in time for 11am worship. Parents, we will need help driving!
10am Sunday School for 7th-12th grades
5:30pm phyouth family potluck “Good God, Let’s Eat!” Bring your friends, family, and a side dish (see above for more detail).
7:15pm Senior High Bible Study with Jimmy Faulkner
Have a great week! Find a way to rest, to experience God, and to share the love of Jesus with others.
Peace and love,